Service Units

During the doctorate you will receive support and information from several service units. Here you can find a list of the most important contact points.

Studentpoint and Admission Office

Student Point offers information regarding admission, tuition fees, leave of abscence and other topics on academic studies at the University of Vienna.
The admission office deals with all issues regarding the admission to a doctoral programme.



The StudyServiceCenters (SSC) are the contact point for all administrative processes during your doctorate from the public presentation of your research proposal through to the organisation of the defense of your thesis. Each Faculty has its own SSC.

To the list of SSCs

Center for Doctoral Studies

The Center for Doctoral Studies is the central point of contact for all questions regarding doctoral studies at the University of Vienna (except for questions regarding admission). Beside consultation the Center also offers a range of services (workshops, events, funding consultation, etc).

Contact and opening hours

Vienna University Library

The Vienna University Library is the largest library in Austria. The library includes the main library in the main building of the University of Vienna as well as 38 special libraries located throughout Vienna. The library offers a wide range of services and the librarians are contact persons for your questions.

Contact and opening hours

Vienna University Computer Center (ZID)

The Vienna University Computer Center supports university members in issues regarding communication and information technology. For students and doctoral candidates at the University of Vienna the ZID offers several services: cheap software can be bought via u:soft, additionally the ZID offers IT courses and a helpdesk which can reached throughout the week. Further information and services can be found on the website of the ZID.


The Austrian National Union of Students | ÖH

The ÖH is the representation of all students in Austria. There are representations on the federal, the university and the faculty level. There are also special contact persons for doctoral candidates.