Material Transfer Agreement - MTA

If you are planning to send or receives materials from other laboratories, research centres or companies, this should be formalised with a Material Transfer Agreement (MTA).

There are two types of MTA, incoming or outgoing, depending on which party receives the materials.

The University of Vienna’s template for when you send materials is available for downloading (see below). When you are receiving materials other institutions may ask you to use their own template.

Please note that the MTA must be signed by the Vice Rector, which the Tech Transfer Office will arrange for (